The Amazon Kindle update
is also necessary to keep the security tight on the devices so that there is no data leaks or intrusion of any kind.
- If you are aware of the Kindle model you are using, then you can proceed with the next step, but if not, then you have to find out which Kindle model you are handling right now. Go check it out on the official Kindle website now.
- The next step is to find out the firmware. You can go to the settings menu and click on device info. You can find the firmware version there.
- Download the updates on your PC or laptop and then, transfer the files on your Kindle by connecting a USB cable.
- Once the files have been transferred, then you need to go to settings menu again and click on 'Update my Kindle' option. Your screen will flicker a few times, and you will see a progress bar as well, where you can find out how much time is left. You can update Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite and the standard Kindle version in this particular way.
- While installing the updates, make sure that only one update is installed at a time.