How to hard reset Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
Please note that hard resetting erases all the data on your device. Text messages, photos, videos, settings, everything will be removed in the process. So, don't forget to create a backup of your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge
Also make sure to juice up your smartphone to at least 60% or keep it plugged in during the process. You don't want to have your device turned off when you hard reset Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, or it will create further issues.
Factory reset Galaxy S7 or S7 edge the easy way
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Backup & Restore > Factory Data Reset.
- Now select Reset Device > Erase Everything.
- Confirm the warnings and wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, reboot your phone.
Hard reset Galaxy S7 or S7 edge using recovery mode
- Power off your device.
- Wait for a few seconds while your phone is shutting down.
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously to get into Recovery mode. (read: how to get into Galaxy S7 or S7 edge recovery mode)
- Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select an option in Recovery mode.
- Once in, from the main menu, using Power key, select wipe data factory reset.
- If you want to clear app data cache too, choose wipe cache partition. Clearing cache often fixes various software related issues.
- When done, go back to main recovery menu.
- Select reboot system now and that's about it.
Hope the above tips help you fix Galaxy S7 issues