Writing a dissertation is quite a lengthy and tough job. It is necessary part of a Masters or PhD degree program as well. Students mostly fail to complete it within given time frame. This article will provide a guideline on how to write a dissertation proposal in a week's time.
Complete Your Research Work:
The most important part of the dissertation is the research work or data. There are two types of data, primary or secondary. Primary data is collected through surveys, interviews etc while secondary data is grabbed from previous researches available. Data collection means half of your work is done.
Make Sure You Don't Have Any Tasks Left to Do:
Dissertation writing itself needs focus, so make sure that you don't have any other tasks to do while completing it. No household job, no kids, no friends, no parties, etc. Leave all these for another day.
Keep Your Mind Clear:
While writing your dissertation, it is very important that you have very in-depth and clear information about the topic or research question in hand. If you are confused about the topic then the outcome will not be an impressive one. You can make a plan or schedule before starting the final write up like this;
Guideline to Write an Introduction Chapter:
- Monday- Introduction Chapter
- Tuesday- Literature Review Chapter
- Wednesday- Methodology Chapter
- Thursday- Data Analysis Chapter
- Friday- Conclusion
- Saturday- Final Proofreading and Editing
In the introduction chapter a student provides introductory information to the reader. You need to be specific, clear and to the point while writing this chapter. It usually has following parts
Guideline to Write Literature Review Chapter:
- Background of your research work
- Introduction to the Topic
- Research Questions
- Hypothesis or Conceptual Framework
- Research Methods in Brief
- Division of Remaining Chapters
This is a necessary part of writing a dissertation. In this chapter, the student has to provide a review of previous literature related to the research question. You need to be very careful in selecting the previous research works and writing a review on each of your selected work. Important Tips for Writing a Literature Review Chapter:
Guideline to Write Methodology Chapter:
- Select only the most recent, authentic and relevant research articles, books or theses
- Write what each study found and how it supports and suggests your research
Methodology chapter is technical and difficult part of a dissertation. The methodology chapter usually concepts of parts like research strategy, research instrument, sample, data collection method and data analysis methods to be used.
Guideline to Write the Data Analysis Chapter:
- First of all you need to be very careful in selecting a research strategy and research tools. Make sure that your selected strategy is suitable for your research questions. You know the pros and cons of your research methods. You know how to use research instruments.
- Get help from your tutor
The data analysis chapter is most important part of your dissertation because it contains the findings of your own research. Here you have to describe and discuss key findings of your research.
Guideline to Write the Conclusion:
- A good data analysis and results chapter will provide clear answer to the research questions.
- Comparing it with previous researches will help you get good marks.
The conclusion chapter concludes the whole research work and you need to be writing it very carefully. Remember that a summary of your dissertation will not work though it can be a heading or part of your conclusion chapter.
Important Tips for Writing a Conclusion Chapter:
- Start by giving a brief summary of whole research. State the findings of your research in the middle. End it by giving your own opinion about whole research.
- You can add recommendations for future researchers in your area.
- To complete your dissertation in a week's time, it is very important that you stick to the plan, otherwise you will fail. For instance, if you fail to write your dissertation introduction chapter on Monday, then it is hard to complete the rest of your dissertation.
- There are people around globe that are available to help you completing dissertation within a limited time frame such as a week by providing you their dissertation writing services. A person who is familiar with dissertation writing process and has a specialty in your subject area may prove to be a helping hand through whom you may get a good grade and remain stress free as well.