Tip & How-To about Miscellaneous
1. Navigate to http://www.samsung.com/uk/smart-switch/samsung-desktop-app.html and download Smart Switch
2. Open Smart Switch and plug your phone into the computer using any micro-usb to usb cable.
3. Perform any new firmware updates while you're here (not this could take over an hour depending your internet speed)
4. Click Back Up and tick boxes you want to have backed up and untick boxes you don't want to be backed up.
5. Click Backup and no wait, this could take up to an hour depending on how many files it is backing up.
6. When you get a new Samsung device or get your phone back from Samsung store repair where it is wiped, plug your phone back into the computer and click on Restore.
7. You will see your backed up phone listed, click on it and click restore.
8. Done! Please note that this may not backup/restore things such as app data or save authenticator apps such as Authy/Google authenticator so migrate these before hand.
Posted by Tidy on
Mar 15, 2016 | Cell Phones
Dec 05, 2015 | Samsung Cell Phones
Jun 21, 2011 | Samsung B3410 Cell Phone
Nov 29, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3x Cellular Phone
183 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!