Airdyne Chain Replacement with Master link
will demonstrate how to replace
with master link
on a Schwinn Airdyne
- First remove the cotter pin and clevis pin from the user's right handlebar. Then lower the connecting arm and handlebar.
Caution: be sure to hold the handlebar as it will come loose after removal of the above parts.
- Remove the connecting arm and pedal and crank arm by removing the wedge pin. To simplify this process loosen the nut and tap on it with a small hammer until the pin is loosened.
- Remove the nut, wedge pin, crank arm and connecting arm.
- Next remove the chain guard; there are three screws attaching it as shown in the video.
- Remove the chain by locating the master link. Remove the lock pin and the cover, and then disconnect the chain.
- Place the new chain on the sprockets as shown in the video.
- Install the master link, cover and lock.
- Re-install the chain guard and attaching screws.
- Re-assemble the connecting arm to the handlebar and eccentric.
- Be sure the brass bushing is installed in the front inner side of the connecting arm before installing the clevis pin and cotter pin.
- Install the crank arm with pedal.
Be sure when completing this step that the crank arm is installed in the opposite position as the users left side crank arm.
Replacing Schwinn Airdyne Chain with Master Link
- Install the nut onto the wedge pin and tighten.
- This completes the procedure.