Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
Insert a non accepted SIM card in your iPhone.
(Ex. If this phone is locked to AT&T, we are inserting a T-Mobile Simcard)
Keep in mind, the iPhone 5 requires a Nano SIM card!
If your iPhone is carrier locked, you will see message "activation required"
"Activation Required". This means the Non Accepted SIM card is not
working because your iPhone is locked.
Also you will notice there are no Signal Bars being displayed.
1) Start your iPhone on with a non accepted sim card. The message " Activation Required" will come up.
2) Now on your computer, open iTunes make sure it is updated to latest version.
3) Now you connect your iPhone to your computer
4) Your iPhone should automatically go to the Home screen and you should start to see signal bars from your new carrier
5) "Congratulations, your iPhone has been Unlocked" message will appear on your iTunes if Unlocking is successful.
Posted by Mobile... on
Jul 12, 2013 | Cell Phones
Jul 25, 2011 | Nokia N95 Cellular Phone
Feb 24, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Sep 17, 2007 | Computers & Internet
658 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!