Tip & How-To about Google Chrome
Occasionally, it happens: you double-click the Chrome icon and the more you wait, it just does not open.
The frequency with which this problem has been going on with the browser users was enough for the company itself created a small support page with tips on what to do if Google Chrome is not opening at all on your computer.
The following Google's tips on what to do if Chrome does not open:
- Restart the computer.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus and firewall computer - they may be preventing Chrome to start. If this is the case, you must create an exception in the firewall or antivirus settings.
- Download Chrome Canary (one end version of Chrome that Google uses to test new products) and try to start Chrome normally.
- In Windows, if you need Reboot every time you want to open Chrome, open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and check that there is still some instance of open chrome (if any, close it).
- Uninstall recently installed programs (especially if there is one whose name you do not recognize). They can be harmful programs that cause conflict with Chrome on purpose. In Windows, you can use the Chrome Cleanup Tool. Chrome Cleanup Tool
- It is also possible that your browser user profile is corrupted. In this case, you must create another. Create new browser user profile
Posted by Pedro... on
Dec 18, 2014 | Acer AC700-1099 Chrome book Wi-Fi
Nov 18, 2012 | Google Chrome
Mar 21, 2011 | Google Chrome
Dec 18, 2010 | Google Chrome
Apr 06, 2010 | Google Chrome
404 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!