Tip & How-To about Hamilton Beach HB-P100N30AL-S3 - 1.1 CF Microwave Oven, White

Microwave Oven Beeper Sound Reduction

Unplug the Hamilton Beech Microwave Model P100N30ALS3B
MICROWAVES ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO WORK ON DUE TO THE HIGH VOLTAGE. REPAIRS SHOULD BE ACCOMPLISHED BY A PROFESSIONAL ELECTRONICS REPAIRPERSON.
Remove the 2 black screws from the sides. Remove the 2 regular silver screws from the back. Using a T20 torx wrench remove the 2 torx screws (I included a picture of torx wrenches with the female opening for the male pin). Slide the microwave cover back a bit and remove (there is a lip on the inside at the front of the unit which the frame fits into). DANGER!!
DANGER USE CAUTION IF YOU DARE TO PERFORM THIS MODIFICATION!!
The electronics are behind the key pad on the inside. Look for the light blue flexible wiring strip (it's about 2.5" wide with black wires imprinted on it). Just below and to the left of that is the beeper (black plastic inverted U shaped disk see right).
Carefully insert non-combustible, non-conductive padding to each side and secure with electrical tape. I placed electrical tape on the areas that might be exposed to current, including the small barrel shaped capacitor above and to the left of the beeper. If all you used was electrical tape (and be very careful of what you are touching) it would reduce the sound some. I used cotton cosmetic pads cut to shape. When I finished, reassembled the unit and plugged it in the sound was reduced by a half at least. I just finished modifying mine, in the last hour. If you are not mechanical or electronics savvy, DO NOT ATTEMPT this modification. I assume no responsibility for incidents with regards to injury or *****. Update, I have been using the much quieter beeping microwave without incident. I'm still not used to how quiet it is. It's about 1/3 or even 1/4 of what it used to be.










Posted by on

Hamilton Beach HB-P100N30AL-S3 - 1.1 CF Microwave Oven, White Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hamilton beach microwave model number hb-p100n30al-s3 left unplugged all night still won't heat. Buy a new one?


I would say so. if its not heating it can be a magnetron tube or high voltage inverter circuit. For the cost of repair its not worth it.

Oct 16, 2016 | Hamilton Beach HB-P100N30AL-S3 - 1.1 CF...

1 Answer

display screen says H98.how do I fix it or what does this mean?


DO NOT try to REPAIR this Inverter Power Supply (U) and also DO NOT RE-ADJUST PRESET VOLUME on the board. It is very dangerous to repair or adjust without sufficient test equipment because this circuit handles very high voltage and very large current. Off alignment or inverter board operation is dangerous. Operating a misaligned inverter circuit is dangerous due to the very high voltage and current that is produced by this board. Defective boards must be replaced with a new one.

Jan 22, 2015 | Panasonic Inverter Countertop Microwave

2 Answers

No heat from my microwave


It's a major problem. The component that produces the microwaves has ceased to function. You may have a warranty fix available.

Nov 14, 2013 | Advent MW912BK Black Built-in Microwave...

1 Answer

my samsung microwave smokes. it an over the stove one.


It is time to replace the microwave oven, this is extremely dangerous and a major fire hazard. There could be any number of reasons, the magnetron, high voltage transformer, high voltage capacitor, or the high voltage diode, anyone or more could be the culprit. This is a very unsafe situation and should be left unplugged until you decide whether to get a tech to check it, or dispose of it.

Feb 28, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

making a humming noise when turned on and not cooking. I punch in the cooking time I would like and then when it turns on it makes a humming noise and does not cook.


From your description it appears that the Magnetron has failed on your microwave.

*Please be aware*
Replacing the Magnetron in a Microwave is a highly specialist job and should not be carried out by an unqualified person. Microwaves carry lethal levels of voltage even after they have been unplugged from the mains supply. The high voltage circuitry in this area of the oven is extremely dangerous and must undergo a discharging process before work can commence. The Magnetron itself is the main 'engine' of the microwave and operates under extremely high voltages.

For this reason I strongly urge you not to attempt this repair yourself but have it carried out by an electronics repair shop. The cost of this is likely to be prohibitive and you will need to weigh up whether this repair is economically viable or whether you would be better to replace the unit altogether.

Hope this helps. Thanks for using FixYa.

Sep 23, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?

465 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hamilton Beach Microwave Ovens Experts

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5058 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18389 Answers

Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor

Level 3 Expert

14581 Answers

Are you a Hamilton Beach Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...