Tip & How-To about Vehicle Parts & Accessories

Always try to get three estimates

Shop around when doing vehicle maintenance , but still make sure the tech. or shop is qualified to do maintenance to your vehicle.
For example, a simple lube oil change could cost you as much as $200 or $300 by the time a shop stiffs you for EXTRA'S, in stead of the original price of $19.95.
Unless you are positive that you need the extra's,SAY NO THANK'S and get a second opinion.
Follow me on fixya, for more tips and answers to questions

check links below for more on avoiding rip offs

How To Avoid Oil Change Ripoffs and Upsells

Oil change scams Hidden camera investigation on what really happens to...

Get an Oil Change Without Getting Ripped Off Blue Collar Workman

Posted by on

Vehicle Parts & Accessories Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

2010 dodge caravan warning light red circle with exclamation mark and parentheses around it. What does it mean? My tire warning light was also on but it went off after awhile of driving.

If the red brake light remains illuminated, it means that there is a persistent problem in the brake system. When this occurs, the vehicle should not be driven. The vehicle needs to be towed to a qualified repair shop where it can be properly diagnosed and inspected. If the red brake light comes on while driving and stays illuminated, the vehicle should be pulled to the side of the road and towed to a qualified repair shop.

Dec 21, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

install a replacement mirror glass on passanger side for a 1999 ford crown victora

If you shop around you can quite often find a glass shop who will gladly go outside and attach a replacement glass mirror to your vehicle with no extra charge than the glass would cost you at any maintenance shop.
They are usually considerate enough to use painters tape to hold it in place until the adhesive dries. Check it out and tell me if I'm wrong.

May 01, 2009 | 1999 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

General Amp problem.

Dude ,The white smoke has nothing to do w/your amp you have water/coolant entering your combustion chamber,could be intake manifold, head gasket,cracked exhaust seat in the head, take your vehicle to a qualified repair shop for diagnosis and estimate ,Whatever you do ,,,,,DO NOT!! take your car to the so called 'experts' this should be a simple job to correctly diagnose and repair , try to shortcut on this job to save money buy having a 'buddie'will cost you a lot more in the long run , pay the money to have in repaired by a qualified tech, you will be glad you did, one more thing , be sure to check to make sure your cooling fan is operational....good luck Royal Trent Master auto tech [A.S.E.20 yrs]

Aug 15, 2007 | Sony Xplod XM-554ZR Car Audio Amplifier

2 Answers

Color guns out of alignment

It sounds to me like the convergence amps themselves have failed. Ic7001 and Ic7002, both are STK392-110 Sanyo built Ic's and not an expensive job for a qualified shop. When shopping around for a shop to repair it ask what they charge for replacement of the convergence amps in this unit. And take the unit to them to save pickup and delivery charges...
Have a great day!

Dec 21, 2006 | Panasonic PT-53WX53 53" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?

1,162 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Vehicle Parts & Accessories Experts


Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14405 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16981 Answers

Are you a Vehicle Part and Accessory Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions