Tip & How-To about LG Televison & Video
Power Issues Troubleshooting
*NOTE* LG & Vizio TVs must be plugged in for 5 minutes before it will turn on*
1. Inspect ALL Ribbons and connectors. Any tears or bad connections between boards must be replaced FIRST
2. If you have any of these boards, it should be the first board to be replaced
A) T-Con Board - Video Problems (No Video with standby light on, audio but no video, grainy, distorted, or color problems in screen)
B) X or Y Buffer Board (Plasma TVs only) - Standby light is on but no power
C) Backlight Inverter / LED Driver - No Video with standby light on
3. Main Video Board
- Standby light is on but no power
- Either video or audio does not work (if no T-Con in TV. If audio but no video it is T-Con)
4. Power Board - No power AND standby light does NOT turn on. If standby light is on try other boards above
5. Panel - No power, distorted picture, lines, slow motion, half screen, faded in / out. Panel problems are usually not worth replacing the panel.
Posted by johnny... on
Nov 16, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
Jul 21, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 11, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
Jan 22, 2015 | Vizio E422VA 42-inch Widescreen LCD TV -...
Jun 04, 2012 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV
2,146 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!