How to Use a Crank Puller Tool
How to Use Cotterless Crank Puller Tool
- Crank pullers are commonly used to remove the crank arm from many types of exercise bikes. The tool can be used on most brands of indoor cycles and stationary upright or recumbent bikes. This tool cannot be used on bikes equipped with a 1-piece crank arm.
- Using the crank puller is simple and easy; Start by removing the crank arm bolt.
- First you will need to remove the plastic crank bolt cover from the crank arm to access the bolt. This can be done using a flat head screwdriver or a penny from your pocket.
- Remove the crank arm bolt. This can require a hex wrench or a socket wrench.
- Next, thread the crank puller tool into the crank arm in place of the crank bolt cover. Thread the tool into the crank arm several threads. It may be necessary to use a wrench to tighten further.
- Now that you have this part of the tool threaded into the crank arm, turn the handle on the tool. As you continue to turn the handle of the tool, this pulls the crank arm off the bottom bracket shaft.
Not finding what you are looking for?