Stairmaster Stepper 4000PT Spring Pulley Replacement
How To Replace Spring Pulley on Stairmaster 4000PT
- Remove the bottom cover.
- Unhook the pedal arm return spring from the spring hanger.
Remove the snap ring from th pulley shaft. WARNING: To reduce the risk of eye injury, wear eye protection when removing snap rings.
- Slide pulley and washer off the shaft.
- Before reinstalling the pulley, clean the pulley shaft thoroughly with a clean, dry cloth. Apply a thin coat of multipurpose grease to the pulley shaft.
- Slide the pulley and washer onto the shaft. Install the snap ring.
- Route the spring under the spring pulley.
- Hook the end of the spring over the spring hanger. WARNING: Do not twist the spring during installation. It will wear excessively and reduce the life of the spring.
- Reinstall the cover.