Replacing the Drive Chain on Stairmaster 4000PT
- Remove the bottom cover.
- Remove the master link from the drive chain.
- Remove the drive chain from the sprockets.
- Reinstall the drive chain, ensuring the master link is properly installed.
- Check the drive chain tension. There should be a total of 1" to 1-1/2" (2.5 to 4.0 cm) of play, up and down, at the slackest point in the chain. If the drive chain tension needs adjustment, refer to the "Drive Hub Assembly" section.
WARNING: If the drive chain is too tight, the drive train will wear excessively, shortening the life of the drive hub assembly. If the chain is too loose, the machine will be noisy and will operate at less than peak efficiency.
- Lubricate the chain with 30W motor oil and wipe off the excess.