Tip & How-To about Sharp Office Equipment & Supplies
From time to time I will get an odd error when setting up scanning to email on a Sharp copier that says:
(SMTP-SSL) Port is disabled. Consult your system admin.
Posted by Collin... on
Mar 06, 2014 | Brother MFC-7340 All-In-One Laser Printer
Type the machine ip adress on the adress bar of the machine and hit enter.
Then the machine webpage will appear
1. Click the Network Settings link, login asadmin, username is admin and password is also admin and click the Services Settings link.
2. Use the SMTP server IP addresses in the Primary andSecondary Server fields rather than the server names.
3. Verify if the mail server is using the default SMTP portof 25. If it is not, then change the Port Number to match the server. Port 587is a commonly used port if authentication is required.
4. The Reply Email Address must be a valid local emailaddress for some mail servers or messages will be discarded. If using a Reply Email Address like: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com confirm that the email address actually exists.
5. If the server is running SSL (GMail uses SSL) for bettersecurity, check the box next to Enable SSL. Click here for instructions on how to setup scan to GMail.
6. Leave the User Name and Password blank temporarily andperform the Connection Test. A successful response will verify that the serveris really a valid SMTP mail server.
The following should be performed byan I.T. person
Mail server settings
1.Createa new user account and password for the mfp on the mail server this useraccount name , the name set in the mfp
Apr 08, 2011 | Sharp MX-2700N Color Copier
Mar 20, 2010 | Yahoo Mail
Dec 06, 2007 | Computers & Internet
1,925 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!