Tip & How-To about Fuego Element Portable Gas Grill

Save you portable grill!

As you probably know the Fuego company no lonnger supports the Fuego Element Portable Gas Grill. What to do when the red strap breaks, and it will. Home Depot sells a velco carrying strap with a handle! It wraps around the grill well lengthwise. Position it so the handle on the strap is over the handle on the grill. It works very well!
When the ignitor quits, and it will, buy a MSR Handhled Piezo Lighter on Amazon for $10
The grill is good with only these two defects! Enjoy

Posted by on

Fuego Element Portable Gas Grill Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Oven. Tripped on switch board when baking

This sounds like the grill element has blown, usually when an element blows it will take out the circuit breakker or RCD at the consumer unit.
If you check around the grill element you will probably find a very small hole in the side of the element, this doesn't happen every time but most.
These are usually quite easy to change but remember to turn off the power before doing anything on the cooker.
You should be able to order the part off the internet, lots of companies supply these parts. You will need your model number and obviously your credit card.
If you don't feel confident, I am sure a local electrician will help you. I would advise that you don't use a company that specialises in appliance repairs as they will charge you a fee just to come out to see you.
Hope this helps

Jul 18, 2015 | Ovens

1 Answer

The sticker on the side says it has been converted from Natural Gas to Propane Gas, however it has been red taged by the propane company because it has not been converted.

Do you know how your propane company determined it had not been converted? The only real way, is to take the grill grates out, remove the burners and look at the burner(s) orifice's. I'm not saying the LP company is wrong, I'd just like to know how they made that decision?

If they are correct, all that's needed is to replace the burner orifices with LP Gas orifices and adjust the air intake openings on the burners. This grill is one of only a handful that is approved to be converted from one gas type to another. You can find the orifices at http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com//brands.html

Hope this helped solve your problem.

Happy Grilling!

Feb 25, 2011 | KitchenAid KBNU361VSS

1 Answer

my grill element looks as if it has melted and

From the description you have given it would seem as if the element is'gone' i.e broken.

You will need to have it replaced before it does any more damage to the oven roof.

Jan 06, 2010 | Zanussi ZBF360X Electric Single Oven

1 Answer


The regulator is probably bad and nees to be replaced.

Jan 01, 2010 | Weber Gas Go-Anywhere Grill

1 Answer

Grill Element Blown Rangemaster Classic 110

I have the same problem. The installation and service guide details how to change the grill element but does anyone know what the part number is for the grill element?

Apr 01, 2009 | Rangemaster 110 (Gas) Kitchen Range

Not finding what you are looking for?

288 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Fuego Grilling Experts


Level 3 Expert

2461 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers


Level 3 Expert

75817 Answers

Are you a Fuego Grilling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions