Tip & How-To about Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
If the overall effectiveness of you RV Rooftop AC seems to be much less than the day you bought, here is a simple procedure to keep it running cold and prolong the life of the unit.
1. Air seems to not be blowing as cold as before
2. Compressor trips breaker during the hottest part of the day
3. Air at night works just fine but is lacking during the day
These problems can often be solved by simply cleaning out the condenser coil of the upper unit. You will need a phillips screwdriver and a water hose with a nozzle on it.
- Remove the upper shroud from the unit
- Gently spray water through the condenser coil watching from the fan side. BE CAREFUL, do not spray with too high of pressure nor sideways. Make sure you keep the nozzle spraying directly at the coils.
- Once the water begins to flow clearly through the condenser, you should be good to go. Make sure you get as much of the condenser clean as possible.
This will save the life of many RV Air Conditioners.
Posted by Jeff Myers on
Jun 18, 2014 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Jan 31, 2011 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Jul 05, 2009 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Jun 30, 2009 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
1,197 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!