Tip & How-To about T-Mobile Cell Phones
This does depend on y our phone i would think mainly on your android version. i am not sure if it works with 4.4 but i did a factory reset of my htc amaze 4g and it went back to 4.1. after 2 gigs of wifi i hotspot i get the tmobile screen saying i used 2gig up and need to pay for a plan.. so here is my solution that worked for me.
1. download foxfi from android market and pay for the key. if u dont pay for the key then u will get a limited amount of data u can tether which will defeat the purpose. the key is not alot.
2. install the pda.net program on your pc. this is the important part here.
3. when you open foxifi on your phone you must have your data on then click ethernet. now it will tell you to open it on your pc.
4. this step here is the biggie, right click on the pda.net icon in your bottom right screen of your pc that shows all open programs. it will look like a phone. then go to settings, then hide tether usage and level I. thats all.
5. now back on your phone u can click on wifi tether in foxfi. be sure to password your tethering or others might pick it up (neighbors).
6. i also use my desktop with the usb charger cable from my phone in ethernet mode since i have 3meg dsl my tmobile 4g goes up to 10 at my house and 2mb upload but at my job my 4g goes up to 20 meg. hope this helps u like it did me. also on the android market section it tells you the website for the foxfi and the steps if mines were not clear. i downloaded 80 gigs in a month using my 4g never slowed down or nothing.
Posted by igotuume on
Mar 06, 2016 | Cell Phones
Mar 09, 2015 | HTC Cell Phones
Apr 28, 2014 | HTC Cell Phones
Mar 17, 2014 | Nokia 7310 Cellular Phone
Nov 21, 2013 | HTC Sensation Cellular Phone with Sense...
1,592 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!