Tip & How-To about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
1.Download isoburner and rwps.iso
2. Extract isoburner.zip to your desktop.
3. Run: "IsoBurner.exe"
4. Select: "Create bootable USB disk"
5. For "Source ISO image file", select: "rwps.iso" (which is the password reset files) Hit: Next
**With WinRAR installed on your computer, it will make that file appear as an archive, but the properties show it is a .iso)
6. Plug in the USB device you will dedicate as a Password Reset, and select it from the drop-down box. Then hit: Create
*Once you hit: Create, it will dedicate your flash drive as a password reset USB drive. You will have to completely format the USB if you decide to remove the files in the future (it takes a couple minutes)
7. After created and your USB is flashed, plug into your computer that you are locked out of.
8. Boot up and you will have to hit ESC / F2 / F4 (depending on type of computer) to open your computers boot options.
9. Select your USB device and hit: Enter and it will run the password reset.
10. Leave Step 1 and 2 alone, it will auto direct to the SAM and System files, which store all computer passwords and accounts.
11. In Step 3: Select which account you will like to reset the password for.
12. In Step 4: You can change your password to a different one, or leave it blank for no password, then hit Reset. When prompted the Messagebox, click OK, and then save the file wherever you'd like. (Suggested to leave where it directs to with the other password files)
13. Hit Exit, and restart your computer. Boot regularly, and there you go!
Posted by Kawtar... on
Oct 11, 2010 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Aug 02, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
1,807 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!