Tip & How-To about Radio Communications
Pagers may seem like a thing of the past in today's day and age of cell phones and instant messengers but there are some very distinct benefits to using pager systems over cell phones.
1. Pagers have a much wider reach than your traditional cell phone because they use satellites. This leads to their being less dead zones for pagers, they can also be strong enough to work in underground situations so you don't lose your signal when you get on the subway.
2. Pagers are used for medical professionals and emergency response teams because they are reliable and fast. When you attend an event with a few thousand people you will notice that your phones service will probably be down to no bars, but for the people with pagers they will have the same service they always have. These messages are also delivered fast because the people using them tend to be in professions that time is quite literally everything.
3. As cell phones continue to advance and add on more and more features. Pagers have been able to stay inexpensive and true to the task that they do. There are very few add ons or features that have been added to the pager since they have been in use so there is much less room for companies to overcharge the user.
4. Mass messaging from a cell phone can be very difficult and unreliable, but when it comes to paging a large number of units it can be as simple as making a single phone call. It is for this reason that emergency response teams use pagers because time is of the essence when it comes to assembling an emergency response team.
5. A little known fact about pagers is that they can be combined with various different technologies to be altered of a situation. Lets say that you are a factory manager you can connect a pager to the machine and be altered the instant something is not working properly.
Posted by Mark... on
Jan 29, 2012 | Yahoo Messenger
Sep 07, 2011 | Yahoo Mail
Jul 18, 2009 | Pantech Matrix Cell Phone
Jun 17, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Jun 03, 2009 | Pantech Matrix Cell Phone
1,252 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!