Tip & How-To about Health & Beauty
Not everybody has the money to spend going to a beauty salon for all their home hair removal needs. For some people it's also just not that comfortable and they feel shy about it.
Whatever the reason, waxing at home is a good option for longer term hair removal, but it takes a bit more planning and knowledge than simply taking a razor into the shower with you.
Check out my tips below for successful home hair removal.
Here are some of my don'ts:
1. Don't wax just after you've been sunbathing or exposed to any other form of excessive heat.
2. Don't go into a bath, hot tub or any other heated water place for a few hours after you've waxed as your skin can get really sore and the pores are more likely to get exposed to bacteria.
3. Don't wax if you are suffering from any kind of allergies or skin condition. Waxing is a super irritant to the skin and you'll only make it worse.
4. Don't start waxing and half way through read the instructions. Make sure you read them BEFORE you get started.
5. Be careful not to burn yourself. Test the temperature of the wax using the inside of your wrist NOT your leg!
Some do's for waxing:
1. Make sure you pull the wax strip off in the right direction. You smooth the wax strip down in the direction of the hair growth and then pull off the strip in the other direction.
2. Pull the wax strip off in one very quick motion. You should make sure that your movement to remove the wax strip is fast as doing it slowly will not only hurt more but also be ineffective.
3.Once you've waxed an area - don't go back to it even if you've missed a bit as this can really damage the skin and cause friction burns and bruising.
4. Use tweezers to remove any stray hairs that didn't come out with the waxing.
My final advice is that you should start with waxing just your legs and see how it goes. Waxing bikini and under arm areas is even more painful and takes a lot of skill. So start with your legs and if you're confident move on and if not, you can always go to a salon for that.
Posted by tillym on
Oct 21, 2013 | Sexy Hair Health & Beauty
Sep 11, 2013 | Hot Tools Beauty Skins Hot Dots Salon Flat...
Feb 14, 2013 | Health & Beauty
Feb 27, 2017 | Health & Beauty
695 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!