Tip & How-To about Pool & Spa
When some people hear the word sauna, they just think of exotic spas and holidays but most swimming pools now have saunas, not to mentions countless private homes.
What are the possible benefits of using a sauna?
1. The most well known one is weight loss. Saunas make you sweat and because your body has to expend calories in order to make sweat, it's an easy way to burn calories.
2. Helping your skin - heavy sweating allows your face to shed impurities and dead cells which can help with skin tone, ealsticity and cleansing of the sweat ducts.
3. Pain relief for joints and muscles - because the heat in a sauna helps your blood vessels to dilate, some people find the heat brings pain relief to tissue, muscle and joint injuries.
4. Improves blood circulation. Your body produces sweat in order to cool down. This encourages your heart to pump blood at a faster rate and therefore boosts circulation.
5. Finally, saunas are also good for detoxification. Many toxins such as pollutants and other substances that we unknowingly carry around in our bodies, are sweated out in the sauna.
In summary, saunas can be a great way to improve your health but it's best to check with your doctor before you start using one.
Posted by suziejones on
Jan 06, 2016 | Pool & Spa
May 31, 2014 | Dream Maker Spas Dream Maker Ez Spa Hot...
Jan 15, 2013 | Tylo Super Sport 7 Sauna Heater
May 16, 2012 | Cell Phones
Mar 11, 2011 | RTO 1 Person Ceramic Heater Far Infrared...
840 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!