Tip & How-To about Cooking
Cooking something as simple as rice can be very difficult.
Follow these steps to make the easiest, fluffiest white rice:
1. Place one cup of white rice in a sieve and run luke-warm to cold water over it for a few minutes until the water runs clear, not chalky.
2. Shake out extra water
3. Put one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pot over a medium heat and fry the rice for two minutes, constantly stirring.
4. Add one and half cups of water (can be room temperature) to the rice and stir once.
5. Turn the heat to low and cover for ten minutes.
6. Stir the rice and test softness. If it is still very firm in the middle, stir it and leave over flame for another 2 minutes. If it feels soft with slight firmness in the center, stir it and remove from the heat and leave covered for five minutes.
It is important to note that rice will continue to cook, even once it is off the flame. So you always want to remove it from the flame at least five minutes before you would consider it ready.
Good luck and enjoy!
Posted by Paul... on
Aug 15, 2014 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Jul 30, 2014 | Nordic Ware Kitchen Appliances - Others
Oct 25, 2009 | Oster 5712 10-Cup Rice Cooker
Oct 19, 2008 | Salton RA5 5-Cup Rice Cooker
Sep 01, 2008 | Nordic Ware 64000 8-Cup Rice Cooker
822 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!