How Do You Clean a Wooden Cutting Board?
Wooden cutting boards are visually so much nicer than plastic and glass ones, even though some people think that they are more practical.
Wooden boards can be cleaned, you just have to put more time and effort into it.
1. First wash your boards with soap and hot water and let them drip dry upright.
2. Every few weeks or so, sprinkle coasrse (kosher) salt on the board and then rub it well with lemon that's been cut in half (ie rub the cut side on the wood).
3. Rinse well with hot water.
4. Some people use oils such as walnut or almond oil or beeswax to rub on their butcher's blocks but do'nt use olive oil as it becomes rancid.
5. If you rub oil in wipe off the excess and leave it to dry overnight.
Wooden high chairs are often more sturdy than plastic ones. They also don't break as easily. It's really hard for even a very destructive child to do much damage to a thick-legged wooden high chair. I also think wooden high chairs just look so much nicer than the plastic ones and you don't' stick out against the decor of your kitchen.