How to Pack a Shipping Container
Packing up a shipping container can be an overwhelming project but use
these tips to help you handle your packing without too much stress.
1. Organize your contents carefully and label boxes. It may seem like
a pain but you'll be so glad the other end when it's easy for you to
locate your kitchen stuff. Also it will help you prioritize your
2. Protection - Dont rush and under protect your belongings or you'll
find some of your most precious things broken. Use newspapers and
cloth items such as dishcloths to protect fragile things.
3. Either pack your clothing into hanging wardrobe boxes or use
suitcases which will help prevent your clothes from getting over
4. Books - just because books are small and compact, be careful not to
pack them into large boxes which then become difficult to lift.
5. Small parts - the worst thing is to protect your furniture before a
move, only to find that you've lost some of the screws and small parts
when it comes to rebuilding. Put all your small bits into zip lock
bags that are clearly labelled.
6. Valuables - it's best to carry really valuable items such as
passports, jewelry and medical records yourself. anything that would
be devastating and irreplacable, it's best kept on your person.
7. Pack the heavier items first and the lighter ones on top. Pack
things tightly so things dont move around and potentially break. You
can use blankets and bedding to fill any gaps.
Good luck and happy moving
the more professional companies will even provide you with card board cartons in with to pack your clothes , cutlery and crockery, books if you wish to
they supply all trolleys , packing material , manpower, vehicles , containers
it all comes down to this --price--
if you want to pack a container that they deliver, then all damage in the transport is on you
if you want to go out and let them do it all then the insurance will cover all damage , loss etc because they have done it all