Tip & How-To about Cingular Wireless 8125 Smartphone

Phone won't charge at all? No lights? Fix it here!

Your battery has been depleted past a chargable state.  This is a due to a bad design in the phone that doesn't monitor the battery power state well enough.  It actually allows the battery to be taken under the minimum amount needed to recharge the battery. 

You can fix this, but do so at your own risk.

You can simply purchase a new battery, that will work, just been sure not to let it deplete the battery totally anymore.

Now, on to the fix

-Take out the battery.
-Get any usb cable you can find sitting around. (any usb wire will do, an old printer cable, anything with a usb end that can plug into your computer)
-cut one end of the plug off. You need to leave the side on that connects to your computer. Cut off the side that plugs into a device (printer, camera, web cam, etc)
-Strip the rubber off the wire and expose the wires inside.
-Separate the wires from each other. You will only be using the BLACK and RED wires.
-strip the very end of the black and red wires carefully using a wire cutter exposing the metal wire inside the red and black covering.
-Plug in your home made battery charger to your computer. Careful not to touch any exposed metal, as it will give you a small shock.
****WARNING****
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW THE RED AND BLACK WIRE TO TOUCH EACH OTHER
****WARNING****

-now carefully hold the black wire to the negative terminal on the battery (it should be noted with a black circle with a - in the middle). Then touch the red wire to the positive terminal (it will be noted with a red circle with a + in the middle).

Hold the 2 wires there for 20 seconds. Then quickly plug the battery back into the phone, and then plug it into a regular charger. Give it little bit of time, if you've done everything correctly the charge light should come on.

I had to repeat the last step again to get the light to turn on indicating it was charging.

You must not hold the wires to the battery for too long, 20 seconds should do it. You can overload a battery with this trick and actually make it explode if you hold it there too long. You are well within the few minutes needed to detonate the battery due to overcharging by sticking very strictly to 20 seconds.

Just be careful and you'll be fine.

One you get a charge light give it a few minutes in the off position, then try powering up the device and keep it plugged in until you get 100% charge.

Good luck,

Peter




Posted by on

Cingular Wireless 8125 Smartphone Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

my htc touch phone don't want to charge i put in the chager and the light just blinks. what seems to be the problem.?


Your battery has been depleted past a chargable state. This is a due to a bad design in the phone that doesn't monitor the battery power state well enough. It actually allows the battery to be taken under the minimum amount needed to recharge the battery.

You can fix this, but do so at your own risk.

You can simply purchase a new battery, that will work, just been sure not to let it deplete the battery totally anymore.

Now, on to the fix

-Take out the battery.
-Get any usb cable you can find sitting around. (any usb wire will do, an old printer cable, anything with a usb end that can plug into your computer)
-cut one end of the plug off. You need to leave the side on that connects to your computer. Cut off the side that plugs into a device (printer, camera, web cam, etc)
-Strip the rubber off the wire and expose the wires inside.
-Separate the wires from each other. You will only be using the BLACK and RED wires.
-strip the very end of the black and red wires carefully using a wire cutter exposing the metal wire inside the red and black covering.
-Plug in your home made battery charger to your computer. Careful not to touch any exposed metal, as it will give you a small shock.
WARNING:
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW THE RED AND BLACK WIRE TO TOUCH EACH OTHER
WARNING:

-now carefully hold the black wire to the negative terminal on the battery (it should be noted with a black circle with a - in the middle). Then touch the red wire to the positive terminal (it will be noted with a red circle with a + in the middle).

Hold the 2 wires there for 30 seconds. Then quickly plug the battery back into the mobile, and then plug it into a regular charger. Give it little bit of time, if you've done everything correctly the charge light should come on.

I had to repeat the last step again to get the light to turn on indicating it was charging.

You must not hold the wires to the battery for too long, 20 seconds should do it. You can overload a battery with this trick and actually make it explode if you hold it there too long. You are well within the few minutes needed to detonate the battery due to overcharging by sticking very strictly to 30 seconds.

Just be careful and you'll be fine.

One you get a charge light give it a few minutes in the off position, then try powering up the device and keep it plugged in until you get 100% charge.

Feb 01, 2010 | HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone

20 Answers

Phone won't charge at all? No lights? Fix it here!


Thank you very much for the tips. I would like to add that 20 sec is not necessary long enough. I used a multimeter to measure the potential of the battery. I had to charge the battery to the point where the potential was around 3.4V before it worked. Below that it's not enough to power the MDA to trigger charging.

Oct 02, 2007 | T-Mobile MDA

1 Answer

Phone won't charge at all? No lights? Fix it here!


you can buy an external battery charger
i think it works

Oct 02, 2007 | Dopod 838 Smartphone

1 Answer

iphone


Your battery is depleted beyond a chargable state. You have to send the phone over to apple to replace it. If the phone is less than a year this is counted under the comprehensive warranty and you wont be charged for the repair.

Oct 27, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone

3 Answers

Phone won't charge at all? No lights? Fix it here!


You can do the same thing with a 9volt battery. and there is no need to strip a usb cable - i also think its safer.

I got this solution from a post on another site. just tried it on 2 dead imat batteries and i cant believe it was so easy. - i wish i had of known this b4 i bought new batteries ;)

Oct 02, 2007 | i-mate K-jam Smartphone

Not finding what you are looking for?

1,324 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cingular Wireless Computers & Internet Experts

jmcoll

Level 2 Expert

123 Answers

Jim Goldsmith
Jim Goldsmith

Level 3 Expert

1889 Answers

fordexpert

Level 3 Expert

5546 Answers

Are you a Cingular Wireless Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...