You would be shocked to know just how many plastic bags get thrown away every day. It's a huge source of damage to our environment and some basic easy steps to recycle used plastic bags could help you 'do your bit' for the planet.
- How about taking your bags back to the store that gave them to you. Many stores will take them and recycle them for you.
- Or you can take bags with you when you go shopping, especially if they are in good condition. Then there's no need to keep taking new bags.
- Another tip is to use old plastic bags as trash bags for smaller bins around the house. I use mine in the bathroom.
- How about giving your excess bags to a charity shop. They can then use them for packaging up goods that customers buy.
- Finally the best idea is to try and avoid taking bin bags in the first place. I always carry a couple of fold up, material shopping bags with me and then i can usually avoid the waste of asking for extra plastic bags.
Good Luck and thanks for caring about our planet.