If the power supply shuts off unexpectedly or doesn't turn on at all, try the following steps:
- Check that the power supply is connected to a grounded, 3 conductor socket.
- Check to see if the outlet has power, by plugging another device that works in another outlet.
- Check the power supply cord to ensure it's not damaged.
- Place the power supply (transformer) at least 3.6 meters / 11.8 feet from the pool and at least 12 cm / 4 Inch above the surface (fig.1). The transformer will supply low voltage to the cleaner
- Uncoil the cable (fig.2)
- Place the unit in the water. Turn the unit side to side in the water to allow air to escape from the body and then let the cleaner sink to the bottom of the pool (fig.3). Allow wheels to soak for 15 minutes before using Mirra for the first time of the season.
- Then, spread the cable over the surface of the pool as evenly as possible (fig.1).
- Plug the cable into the power supply. Make sure the key on the plug corresponds exactly with the key slot on the socket of the power supply (fig. 4a)
- Plug the power supply into a grounded outlet. (fig. 4b)
- Press the CLEAN button and the light will glow indicating that the system is "ON." The pool cleaner should start the cleaning cycle (fig. 5). Turn the power supply on and off a few times, leaving 45 seconds in between each action, if the pool doesn't start cleaning.
- If problem still continues, please contact customer service or your local repair center for further assistance.
Information acquired from iRobot Support