Tip & How-To about Finance

Traveling Abroad With a Credit Card

Before you take that long overdue Caribbean vacation, be sure to let your credit card company know when you will be abroad. Some companies will block any foreign purchases if they suspect that you aren't the one making them.
It's a good idea to check the limit on your credit card; knowing how much you've got at your disposal can help avoid some uncomfortable and possibly embarrassing situations. Make sure you know the number to dial if you need to report a lost or stolen card.
Once you've arrived at your destination, be sure to pay attention to your receipts; it is all too easy for a vendor to charge you $100 for the hat you wanted instead of the $10 price that was advertised if you aren't paying attention.
Always keep your receipts for at least 60 days so that you can dispute any purchases if necessary and file a complaint,
Finally, check if you are eligible for any waivers or discounts on things like baggage fees or rental cars.
Have a great trip!

Posted by on

Finance Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

2 Answers

I am being charged $3.99/month on a credit card, and I don't know what for. Can you help?

Check with your credit card company customer service. They can provide you with all the details and charges on your account.

Apr 08, 2015 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

How do I get a refund from a company who advertises a 30 day money back but who blocks all attempts to contact them?

Send them a registered letter and file a formal complaint with the BBB. You can also cancel payment if done via credit card, contact your credit card company and let them know what is happening.

Mar 03, 2015 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

How do I stop the 14 day trial I don't want it to go on my credit card

First, call the credit card company and tell them that possible unauthorized charges may be showing up on your account. Send the company that is charging your card a message via their "contact us" link, let them know you are stopping any further charges, have contacted your credit card company and to stop billing you.

Jan 07, 2015 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

snopes com reliability

I just answered this, so I will copy/paste. You should make sure that the people you are dealing with is the actual Company by calling the Corporate Offices, though.

"Vacations to go is registered with the (BBB) Better Business Bureau. Here is a link for the company."

Vacations To Go

Does this help? Let us know.

Ponder/Meditate/Pray for Peace.

Mary Oliveau { hugs }

Jan 27, 2014 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Do you have a current credit card no. for me?

No. FixYa is a free service, and does not require a credit card number. If you'd like to know whether another company has your current credit card number, please contact that company directly.

Sep 12, 2013 | Computers & Internet

Not finding what you are looking for?

257 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Finance Experts

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

42979 Answers

Bill Boyd

Level 3 Expert

49994 Answers


Level 2 Expert

209 Answers

Are you a Finance Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions