Tip & How-To about Cuisinart ICAPP-4
- the whole process of making iced cappuccinos from the time you press the ON button until the unit shuts off automatically takes about 10 minutes
- once you press the ON button, the unit does not make a sound for several minutes – be patient
- remember to position the carafe so that the handle touches the right front of the unit, and the spout touches the left front of the unit – critical for smooth milk/espresso admixture/ramping
- clean the removable parts after every use to avoid damaging your ICAPP
- once a month, run a decalcification process – simply pour 2 tbsp vinegar on a damp cloth, wipe the water reservoir, and then run a cycle of water – ostensibly, the vinegar residue should be enough vinegar for the decalcification process – newer Cuisinart coffee and espresso makers often recommend a specific portion of vinegar and water – not so with this unit
- several of the instruction book’s recipes call for adding sugar or flavored syrup – remember to add them AFTER the cappuccino is made, directly into the carafe – do not pour sugary ingredients into the inside of the machine, or you will have a sticky mess on your hands
- parts are no longer available for this model through the company directly; all units are out-of-warranty because of the age of the product; but several of the cappuccino and espresso recipes are still available at Cuisinart’s website
- if you are missing parts for the unit, I would buy one – broken or otherwise – from an independent seller, eBay, etc who has the part you need
Posted by Corey... on
Hello & Welcome to FixYa
The error should read O FF if that is the
error then it means that the unit is in demo mode. To remove error code, refrigerator door must be open.
Press and hold Refrigerator and Ice Plus button simultaneously for 5 to 10
seconds or until the display changes. This is NOT the Er FF Error Code.
Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
Sep 19, 2011 | GE Refrigerators
Feb 26, 2009 | Cuisinart ICAPP-4
Feb 25, 2009 | Cuisinart Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Sep 24, 2007 | Honeywell /KAZ HOME ENVIRONME HZ-705 7Fin...
1,169 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!