Tip & How-To about HP Scanjet G4050 Flatbed Scanner
Actually it's a very simple procedure!
Read this entire comment first...then start your procedures!
Disconnect the power cord, disconnect the USB cable, remove the top cover cable from the base by unscrewing the two plastic knobs, lift the top cover straight up. Place the top cover in a safe place.
On a clean, flat surface, turn the base upside down. On both ends you will find a total of four (4) black phillips head screws. Carefully unscrew these four screws and place aside. Carefully lift up the base and the top glass will separate from the base. Set the base aside. You have now exposed the inside glass for cleaning! It's that simple!!! Clean the glass by using a streak-free glass cleaner. Don't spray the glass, rather, lightly spray a clean soft lint free glass cleaning cloth, then wipe the glass. Don't press hard! Use good common sense1 There, you've now cleaned the interior glass. Reverse the procedure and you are finished. Wasn't that simple??
Posted by rch105 on
Canon i250 & i250 waste ink tank counter reset. by BSF (12/10/04 10:13 PM)
+1 + / -
1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable from printer.
2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7).
3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer.
4. The indicator should be green.
5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange.
6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green.
7. NOW Release POWER buttons.
8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable).
9. NOW...I opened "Printers" and saw that a "copy" of my printer (i250 or i350) had been made. Make that COPY your default printer and all should work...It did for me.
I must say...I went into the "GUTS" of the beast and cleaned out the PADS (they are actually vacuum pads that the INK is sucked through during a HEAD cleaning) a very messy undertaking.
Sep 15, 2012 | Canon i250
Feb 15, 2009 | Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed Scanner
Jun 02, 2010 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
May 05, 2009 | Lands Phones
Apr 07, 2009 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
2,760 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!