Tip & How-To about Sport & Outdoor - Others
If you've never used a pogo stick before you might think it looks really hard, but don't be put off - once you get the hang of it, you will have a great time using it.
You have to be patient. At the beginning you may only manage around 40 jumps but within a week you should be doing a lot more.
Here are some tips for getting started:
• Find a smooth surface that is flat, i.e concrete. Don't try using it on grass or other bumpy surfaces.
• Keep the pogo stick straight and steady and put your feet on the pads either side of the stick.
• For beginners the easiest method is to place one foot carefully on a pad and then as quickly as possible, bring the second foot up on to the pole.
• Once you get more confident there is a method where you can grab the handles and jump both feet onto the pads at the same time.
• Don't be tempted to push the stick away from you or you might hurt yourself or damage your pogo stick.
• Keep the stick aligned with your body and start jumping.
• Don't get carried away! Don't jump too hard - just enough to keep the movement going.
• If you feel like you are going to fall, lean slightly towards the opposite direction but not so far that you fall over.
Once you have mastered these basic moves you can move on to learning tricks
Good luck and have fun with your new pogo stick!
Posted by bernie on
599 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!