Tip & How-To about Samsung HTQ100 Shelf System
After having my HT-Q100 repaired by an official Samsung repair centre, I was unable to play any DVD's - even UK ones!
So I phoned Samsung, they said I should return it to the repair centre for it to be fixed.
I couldn't be bothered to waste time on this yet again, so I logged onto Moneysavingexpert.com and found that you can remove regionalisation on DVD players and it's totally legal!
Therefore the following instructions are for removing the regionalisation on the Samsung HT-Q100 so you can play any DVD's! I've just carried this out and it's fixed the DVD problem and can once again play DVD's!
1. Remove disc from tray.
2. Switch off player and unplug from mains.
3. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect mains.
4. Turn on player with remote. Wait for player to finish loading and display 'no disc'.
5. Press enter on remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
6. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9 on the remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
7. Press enter on the remote. Player will automatically shut off.
8. Turn player on.
9. turn off.
10. Turn player off then on again.
11. Player is now region-free.
The above was courtesy of the link at: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/samsung-ht-q100/7502
Posted by qubix on
Jan 17, 2010 | Samsung HT-Q100 System
Jan 01, 2010 | Samsung HT-Q100 System
Jan 28, 2009 | Samsung HT-Q100 System
Aug 17, 2008 | Samsung HT-Q100 System
Dec 08, 2007 | Samsung HT-Q100 System
1,944 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!