If you have forgotten your password on your PC Desktop Computer, or Laptop:
1. Start (restart) the computer
2. When the computer first starts, look in the lower left corner of the screen and look for two "F" commands. One is F2, the other either F11 or F12.
3. Press the F2 (or F12) to enter the setup configuration. (some are set for either, but only one will take you into setup; it will say on the screen)
4. Once this loads, you'll see a file menu. Using your arrow keys, move through the file menu and use the down arrow key to view the list of options for each, and look for the password reset option.
5. Once you have found this,it will ask for the current password. Leave this blank unless you know or think you know what the old password is (best if you know). The next two lines will ask you to enter, and re-enter the new password. For now, you will want to leave them blank, but select them using the down arrow key, and press enter for each.
6. Scroll to the far right (last menu item) and scroll down to select "exit while saving". The OS will restart and reload the OS. Once prompted for the password, (for windows 7) press enter. If using and older version of windows is being used, you may not be prompted for a password (except windows xp) and the OS will automatically load to the Desktop.
7. If doing this does not work, or if when in setup the old password was deemed incorrect, try another password or leave it blank, select that box, and press enter, as well as for the new password and confirm new password boxes, exit while saving, and restart OS.
Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.