Tip & How-To about AT&T Cell Phones

What to do if your phone fall into water

First of all remove the phone from the water
then remove the battery but make sure not to switch it on to avoid short circuits inside the phone


then dry it with a towel
then dry it with a hair dryer for at least 15 minutes
then place the phone in a bowl of rice for at least 4 hours
then again dry it with a hair dryer for 10 minutes

and then your phone works as it used to

i tried it several times and it worked
:)

Posted by on

Cell Phones Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

how to replace second battery in lorus z011 watch


I just replaced this battery myself, it wasn't easy, but is doable. First, you will need some tweezers, a tiny phillips, and a tiny flat blade screwdriver. Totally at your own risk!

- Remove the 4 small screws on the back of the watch
- You will see a large battery under a metal clamp, this is for the back light. Remove the two phillips screws securing the clamp, and put that aside with the battery and screws. The clamp also has a metal flap on the side that acts as part of the mechanism for the back light button.
- You will now see the second battery hiding under the circuit board, it will have a small black circular rubber sticker on it. Remove the third remaining screw (very near the right hand one you have already removed) to take off the circuit board. It is clicked down slightly onto two lugs, so prise carefully at the left and right to free it
- At this point be very careful not to tip the watch upside down. There are two very small brass springs which make contact with the very top and bottom underneath of the circuit board, which now they are removed could easy fall out
- Under the circuit board is a plastic sheet, remove carefully with tweezers
- You are nearly there! There are three flat head screws, I got away with just undoing the two nearest the battery, and the third I loosened off enough to carefully lift the metal up to get the battery out
- Carefully remove black sticker, and put it on the replacement battery instead, and now reverse the entire process. Getting the metal clamp back on to secure the battery, and put the screws back is really quite fiddly, make sure it is help down properly
- Make sure before you put the circuit board back, that the two brass springs are in place. When putting the metal clamp over the larger battery, make sure the metal flap that is pushed by the backlight button is in place properly.

Avoid touching anything inside the watch with fingers, use tweezers to remove screws and parts, and make sure you keep track of which screws went where. Good luck!

Jan 26, 2012 | Lorus Watches

3 Answers

my nokia 7230 is not starting, my daught had put it in a water but not soaked in water i removed it imm and dried, it was working then, except for the up n left navigation key and the disconnect button so i forced shut it and now it is not starting at all. please help


Hi, when ever a phone drops inside the water, first remove the battery cause the battery life might be damaged,and also in that process the phone is still working because the battery is still inside the phone.

You will need to service the phone for the phone to be free from water,cause if the water dries inside the phone it will damage an IC or a chip inside the phone and it might cause more damage to the phone.

After, disassembling the phone is the next step.
Get a phone screw and unscrew the phone from the back by removing the battery and you will see some screws, unscrew possible screws and open the phone.

Get a methylated spirit and a small brush, remove the board of the phone and deep the brush inside the methylated spirit,brush gently on the board of the phone. After brushing, get a dryer to dry up the board of the phone and live it for a while to dry.

After some minutes,assemble the phone back and fix in the battery. Make sure during the processyou are charging the battery of the phone.

I guess that's all you need.

Note: if the battery has stayed too too long on the phone and am sorry after the water splash, it might not come on after this all process, that means you will have to flash the phone because the battery might have damaged the memory of the board of the phone and will not power up the phone because the phone is too weak to power.

Flashing of the phone will restore back the phone memory.

You can visit the below link to learn more about flashing of phones.

If the mobile phone does not switch on, it is called a dead mobile.
It can be due to many reasons
1. Water damage
2. Fall down
3. Not used for a long time ( Mostly battery is down)


(1) Check the Battery. It should show 3.7 volts or as written on the battery.

(2) Check the Battery Connector
Check two things (a) Voltage coming or not (b) shorting
Note : If there is shorting then clean the circuit in ultrasonic cleaner (Remove display, camera, etc before putting it in ultrasonic cleaner )
Clean the circuit with a soft brush and make it dry with a hair dryer or ****er.
If the shorting doesn't go it may be due to shorting in an ic,capacitor or circuit. if shorting is in ic u can check it by attaching a battery then press the on-off switch keep the battery for 10-15 seconds. after that remove the battery and check which ic becomes hot. Reball or replace that ic. If shorting is in circuit it must be removed by ultrasonic cleaner
Note - The circuit is made of three layers. if there is shorting in the middle layer it cannot be removed
(3) Check the On/Off switch & voltage at on-off switch
Note - Connect a charger. If charging is shown on display then the problem is with the on/off switch or software problem

(4) Try flashing the mobile.

(5) If flashing cannot be done then there is hardware fault we first dry solder the Flash IC & RAM IC and check in the Software. if flashing cannot be done then we dry solder/reball/replace flash ic & RAM ic.After that dry solder/reball/replace Power IC, Network IC, Crystal, CPU :D:D

Jul 26, 2011 | Nokia 7230 Cell Phone

2 Answers

my mobile is not working due to spreading of water inside the phone,so what to do run the mobile? can you suggest any solution?


the board is defective due to short circuit. you must have let the phone dry up completely before switching it ON to avoid short circuit and damage

Aug 19, 2009 | Cell Phones

Not finding what you are looking for?

1,379 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top AT&T Cell Phones Experts

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

William Alequin

Level 3 Expert

928 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you an AT&T Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...