Tip & How-To about Frigidaire Refrigerators
1. Remove the toe grille.
2. Remove top hinge cover if available. Trace around the hinge with a soft lead pencil. This makes the re-installation easier. Remove top hinge and lift door off the center hinge pin, and set the door aside.
3. Unscrew the center hinge pin using an adjustable wrench and save for reassembly. Ensure that the plastic washer stays on hinge pin.
4. Lift the refrigerator door off of the bottom hinge and set aside.
5. Remove center hinge and shim by removing inside screw and loosening two outside screws enough to allow hinge and shim to slide out. Tighten screws.
6. Loosen two outside screws on opposite side of refrigerator, remove inside screw and install center hinge.
7. Remove two screws on bottom hinge with 3/8" socket wrench.
8. Install bottom hinge on opposite side with the two screws removed from Step 7.
9. Unscrew the bottom hinge pin using adjustable wrench. Move hinge pin to other hold in hinge and tighten with adjustable wrench.
10. Reverse door handles.
11. Move freezer and refrigerator door stops to opposite side. Before starting screws, use an awl to puncture the foam.
12. Position refrigerator door onto bottom hinge pin and screw center hinge pin through center hinge into the top of the door. Close refrigerator door to help align hinge hole.
13. Tighten center hinge pin with adjustable wrench.
14. Remove cabinet and hinge hold plugs and move to opposite side.
15. Lower freezer door onto center hinge pin (if you have a separate freezer door).
16. Close freezer door. Have an assistant lift up on opposite side of the door while tightening screws to install top hinge.
17. Flip top grille and reinstall.
18. Plug in electrical power cord and turn refrigerator temperature control to center position. Adjust setting as needed.
Posted by Electrolux on
Mar 25, 2016 | Samsung Refrigerators
Jun 28, 2014 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Mar 14, 2014 | Frigidaire FRS23R4A Side by Side...
Aug 03, 2010 | Sanyo SR-4910M Compact Refrigerator
Sep 22, 2009 | Refrigerators
3,260 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!