Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
By default in Mac OSX lion you can't see Library Folder of the USer to view it
>Click on Go in menu bar
>The menu pops down
> then press option (alt) button
you can see now Library after the Home folder.
Posted by Rahul... on
Oct 31, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 25, 2013 | Apple MacBook Pro Notebook
How do I format the external hard drive on a Macintosh computer?
To format the drive for MAC OSX
1. Connect the drive to your computer.
2. Open Disk Utility. (Applications folder > Utilities folder > Disk Utility). Select the hard drive in the left hand column and click on the Erase tab.
3. In the Volume Format drop-down menu, select Mac OS Extended *.
4. Once you have selected the format and have named the drive, click on Erase. You will be presented with a 'Are you Sure' dialog.
5. The drive will format and upon completion will be available for use.
Note: * For the best performance, we recommend using Mac OS Extended format. However, if you will be transferring files between a Windows system and a Macintosh, format the drive as MS-DOS (FAT32) or use a program such as MediFour
Jul 20, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jan 29, 2010 | Apple MacBookPro 15-inch 2.16GHz 120GB...
838 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!