Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
Hi, when ever a phone drops inside the water, First you will need to remove the battery from the cell phone.If the battery is left inside the cell phone, the water will damage the cells inside the battery, why?, because there is still Power inside the cell phone that can damage the battery cell.
To service the phone,you will need to unscrew the cell phone,because has entered into the cell phone and it can damage IC chips inside the cell phone if not attended to immediately.
Use a phone screw and unscrew the phone from the back by removing the battery and you will see some screws, unscrew possible screws and open the phone.(depends on the type of phones)
Get a methylated spirit and a small brush, remove the board of the phone and deep the brush inside the methylated spirit,brush gently on the board of the phone. After brushing, get a dryer to dry up the board of the phone and live it for a while to dry.
After some minutes,assemble the phone back and fix in the battery. Make sure during the process you are charging the battery of the phone. battery might be dead or low in power..Better you can have a spare battery around
after servicing the cell phone..
I guess that's all you need.
Note: if the battery has stayed too too long on the phone and am sorry after the water splash, it might not come on after this all process, that means you will have to flash the phone because the battery might have damaged the memory of the board of the phone and will not power up the phone because the phone is too weak to power.
Flashing of the phone will restore back the phone memory.
That's solves your problem.
Posted by Okeoma... on
Jun 16, 2011 | Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Cell Phone
Jan 21, 2011 | Cell Phones
Jan 18, 2011 | Cell Phones
Jan 17, 2011 | Cell Phones
May 19, 2008 | Samsung UpStage SPH-m620 Cellular Phone
2,913 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!