Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
There is another guide of one of my colleges on how to unlock a cellphone.
Something he forgot to add is that only GSM (using sim card) cellphones can be unlocked. CDMA phones (like the ones sprint use) are locked for a specific company for their life time.
There is a way of unlocking them by flashing but it is ilegal in most countries.
However if you check it or google about unlocking blackberries, you will find out that all the web pages charge around 15.00 dollars for the unlock code.
This are 4 methods to unlock your Blackberry.
1. Call your carrier and ask them if they can provide you the NETWORK (Or MEP, or MEP2) code. Most carries require you to have fulfilled a contract before giving you this code.
2. Call you carrir and tell them you are traveling overseas and you need to buy a prepaid simcard and therefore need the phone to be unlocked. They will then provide you the unlock code.
3. You can use a program to calculate (or a third person such as as website, person or my email) and calculate the unlock code and enter it by yourself.
4.Using a software most (but not all) cellphones can be unlocked by connecting trough USB and unlocking it with a special software.
Once you have the unlock code you need to go to settings>advance settings> sim card> they type MEP2 regarthless if you have a blank screen and the letters dont show up as you type
Then a popup will appear telling you you have 10 tries to enter the unlock code.
I have a program to calculate the unlock codes and I am willing to give away all the unlock codes I am asked for.
You might be thinking why am I doing it for free when all the web pages charge around 15.00. This is because as a FIXYA Expert I get some rewards for writing tips and generating traffic.
So the deal will be: email me at email@example.com I will need to know the IMEI and the MEP number of your phone.
The IMEI can can be obtained by looking in the sticker under the battery or pressing *#06#.
The MEP number will be given if you call your service provider OR you can download this tool I uploaded in megaupload. This will tell you your IMEI and MEP number in seconds.
To use MEP READER:
1. Connect your blackberry to your computer (if it asks what mode to go to, like only charge, usb connection, ect. choose usb connection)
2.Open MEP READER
3. Click Read phone (sometimes it takes various tries to work, you might have to click on read phone first and then connect but that is unusual)
4. Copy paste info and email it to me.
All I will be asking is your you to give this tip a thumbs up in the bottom of the page.
The code will be sent to you in less than 10 days.
Feel free to email me any doubts you have.
However you can pay just 5.00 dollars and I will provide you with an unlock within 3 days. Just go here
Posted by Santiago... on
Sep 06, 2011 | Cell Phones
Aug 25, 2011 | Nokia 5130 XpressMusic Red Unlocked Import...
Jul 24, 2011 | Cell Phones
May 19, 2011 | Nokia 7210
Feb 26, 2011 | Nokia X6 16GB Cell Phone
2,812 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!