Tip & How-To about Google Android
Get a screenshot on an Android device requires some effort,
but it is workable once you have the proper tools. A screen capture method
requires connectivity with the PC, the other requires root access. Instructions
for both methods are shown below.
With root privileges
1. Gaining root access on your mobile device Android. This
process varies according to device, and may be prohibited by certain carriers.
Finding the root process for the device and make sure that no warranty or
cancel service contracts.
2. The launch of the Android market towels and install an
app called Screenshot.
3. Choose a preference to take a screenshot. Screenshot of
the application allows screens to be set on a programmed delay, keeping the
camera button or a button to activate the device to take a screenshot.
4. Take the screenshot. The image is stored on the SD card,
and can be transferred to PC via USB, method of transferring e-mail or other
Without Root privileges
1. Download the Android Software Developer Kit on your
computer if you cannot access the root of your device to get. Make sure you
have the correct version to install the SDK is available for Windows, Mac and
2. Connect your Android device to the computer via USB.
3. Prepare the drive by setting the screen that you want to
4. Open the Debug Monitor Server Dalvik selecting the DDMS
tool under the tools directory of the SDK folder. Mac and Linux users should
run the tool from the terminal.
5. Choose your device from the list. Then click the
"Device" menu and select the option to "screen capture". A
window opens the current state of the device screen. Select "Save".
Now you have a screenshot of your device have Android.
Posted by Rakesh... on
May 10, 2015 | Mach Speed Trio Stealth G2 Tablet -...
The Motorola DROID 3 runs on Android and as of now, no applications are available that allow for on-device screenshots. This guide will provide you with the software you need and show you how to get stunning screen captures from your device.
Two separate pieces of software are required and must be installed on your PC:
Once your downloads are complete a few steps are required to get things ready.
On your computer:
On the Motorola DROID 3:
Now you are ready to get started.
Voila! You now have a stunning screenshot from the display on your Motorola DROID 3. Repeat steps 12-14 to generate more screenshots.
May 02, 2014 | Motorola Cell Phones
769 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!