Tip & How-To about Google Gmail
Google Sync is needed to make your calendar and synchronize
Gmail contacts with the device. However, Google Sync is not compatible with all
devices. Google Sync for iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Nokia E series
and N series devices. You must have iPhone OS 3.0 or newer version of Google
Sync. By configuring this feature, Google Sync will update the phonebook
contacts from the device to your Gmail contacts. Because Google Sync is a
two-way service, you can save time by adjusting a single platform, such as
telephone or Gmail account.
1. Choose the Active Sync on the Home screen and select
"Set up your device."
2. "m.google.com" type under the "Server
Address" field and then check the option "This server requires an
encrypted connection" box.
3. Log into your Gmail account by entering your data.
4. Select "Next", enter your full address and
password in the "User Name" and "Password" and select
5. Check "Contacts", "Calendar" or
"Email" check box, depending on the features you want to sync with
your device, then select "Finish".
1. Visit the following page using your Blackberry browser:
2. Select "Download Google Sync" link by selecting
the BlackBerry menu button, then select "Get Link".
3. Select "Download" is directed to a download
page. Google Sync icon appears on your home screen.
4. Select the icon, move the cursor to the login section,
enter your full Gmail address and password fields and click "Login".
You are redirected to a welcome screen.
5. Read the summary information on the welcome screen and
choose "Sync Now" button at the bottom of the Welcome screen.
Standard Google Calendar and Contacts sync synchronizes automatically.
1. Go to the homepage of the phone screen and then open the
2. Select "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars" and
select "Add Account".
3. Choose "Microsoft Exchange", and then all your
e-mail account on Google's "Mail" field. Do not enter information
into the "Domain" field.
4. Enter the email address from Google / Gmail account and
password into the "User Name" and "Password" and select
5. Select "Cancel" when prompted by the message
dialog "Unable to Verify Certificate".
6. Type "m.google.com" in the "Server"
and select "Next."
7. Enable synchronization of Google services such as
"On" next to "mail", "Calendar" or
8. Select "Delete existing contacts" if you just
want to synchronize my contact group. "
Posted by Rakesh... on
Aug 24, 2016 | Google Computers & Internet
Sep 08, 2012 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
1,717 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!