Tip & How-To about Apple iPod touch
Many people have more than one iPod or iPhone. Some families
have several members who all have their own separate iPod / iPhone. The iTunes
software is configured to synchronize content with one player, but the software
can be configured to synchronize multiple players on one computer. To
synchronize multiple players, you can set iTunes to a different library for
each user to create. This will allow each user their own music and video
libraries, which he then syncs with your players to adjust. Or you can set
iTunes to share it with the same content for each user.
Configure multiple libraries on the same computer
1. Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard when
you open iTunes on your Start menu.
2. Select "Create Library" dialog box that
3. Name the new library or an alternative that opens (for
example, the library iPod Jake).
4. Select "Edit" in the iTunes interface, and
5. Click the "Advanced" tab and check "Copy
files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library." Press
6. Add specific files to iTunes library. Click the
"File" menu and select 'Add File to Library ". After you have
added your particular iTunes library, connect your iPod / iPhone to your
computer with the USB cable and download files manually, or auto-sync.
Share iTunes library content with multiple users
1. Quit iTunes, find the iTunes library folder on your
computer. Click the Start menu and select "Computer." Double click on
the "C" drive. Select "Users". Click your username. If no
username is set, click on "owner." Select "My Music".
Double click on the "iTunes" folder.
2. Drag the folder to a public place. For example, you can
drag the folder from the current location and put it in the Public Music
folder. To find this folder, click again on "Users" and select
"audience." The Music folder in Public.
3. Open iTunes and select "Preferences" from the
4. Select "Advanced".
5. Click "Change." Browse and select the current
location of the iTunes folder in the "Change Music Folder Location"
6. Click "OK".
Posted by Rakesh... on
Mar 20, 2013 | Apple iPhone 3GS Black (16 GB)
Mar 24, 2011 | Apple iTunes
Dec 12, 2010 | Apple Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 02, 2010 | Apple iTunes
Aug 17, 2009 | Apple iTunes
691 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!