Tip & How-To about Apple iPod touch
If you want to use Disk Management to partition and format
the iPod Touch, you must enable disk use on your iPod. By default, Apple iPod
products configured to work with Apple's iTunes and not as portable drives on
your computer. You can use iTunes on your hard drive mode to allow your iPod,
allowing the computer to deal with and recognize the iPod as a portable unit.
1. Connect your iPod to your computer using the USB cable
2. Launch iTunes. Select your iPod from the
"Devices" from the iTunes browser.
3. Click on the "Summary" tab in the main iTunes
window to change the settings for your iPod.
4. Go to the bottom of the Settings window and check the
"Enable Disk Use". The computer recognizes the iPod Touch as a
5. Quit iTunes. Run the Disk Management and check the disk
devices connected to ensure that your iPod is displayed as a portable unit.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Jul 01, 2011 | EliteGroup 848P-A Motherboard
Feb 17, 2011 | Seagate Computers & Internet
Nov 10, 2008 | Dell Dimension E510 Dual Core 2.8 Ghz...
850 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!