Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Completely reprogram your iPod touch by performing a
"Restore". Do not let the name fool you, Apple's restore feature
restores the original factory settings, so the iPod unit is clean, except for
the operating system. Access to restore utility in iTunes. If your iPod is
frozen or stopped working, first manually reset, and then restore in iTunes.
1. Hold the "Sleep / Wake" button and the
"Home" button at the same time as your iPod is frozen or
unresponsive. Holding the button until the display converts the iPod Touch in
2. Press the "Home" with one hand while you
connect your iPod to your computer with disabilities with the other. ITunes
will ask you to restore your iPod in recovery mode.
3. Click "OK" to start the recovery process. When
iTunes is finished, your iPod Touch is completely reset, ***** except for the
original operating system, and ready to reload with new data.
4. Connect the iPod Touch directly to your computer as
usual, a restore point to start, without going into recovery mode. Open iTunes
if it does not open automatically.
5. Click the name of your iPod under Devices in the left
pane of the iTunes window. "Summary" tab open.
6. Look for the "Restore" button to the center of
the window. Click this button.
7. Confirm that you want the iPod Touch to its original
factory settings. This is your last chance to change his mind.
8. Wait until iTunes has finished. The iPod is restored to
its original factory settings.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Jul 18, 2011 | Apple iPod touch
Apr 28, 2010 | Apple iPod touch
Sep 24, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
Apr 22, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
265 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!