Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
If you're used to using SSH or Secure Shell applications on
your computer to protect connections to remote hosts to determine, you may want
to use SSH with your iPod Touch, Apple's portable multimedia player with a
touch-sensitive display. The iPod Touch connects to the Internet via Wi-Fi, so
you can connect to Apple's App Store to look for an SSH application and
download it directly to the device. After starting the SSH application, use it
to connect to a remote host via the Internet when in range of a WiFi hotspot
1. Press the "Home" button of your iPod Touch.
2. Touch the "App Store" icon for Apple's App
Store on the Internet via Wi-Fi access.
3. Tap "Find" and type a keyword such as
"SSH" or "Terminal" in the search bar and tap
"Search". The list of applications appears.
4. Tap the name of an application to see pictures and read
about how it works.
5. Tap the word "Free" price or beside the
application name from the list, tap "Install". Enter your Apple ID at
the prompt. SSH application downloads and installs on the home screen of your
6. Press the "Home" to return to the home screen.
SSH tap the application icon to start it.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Mar 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 05, 2008 | Socket Communications Computers & Internet
264 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!