Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
While you are connected to a Wi-Fi, you can receive SMS text
and an application on your iPod Touch. There are many free and cheap SMS
applications in the App Store, it's just a matter of finding one with the
options you need. You can choose between text-based applications and video
messaging and voice to offer. You may need to voice a number of free Google for
some applications. Sign up for Google Voice on Google's website and it will
provide a free phone number to send SMS messages to your Touch.
1. Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
2. Go to the App Store on iPod Touch. It is the blue icon
"A" on the home screen.
3. Tap 'Find' menu below and type "text" or
"SMS". SMS applications are listed in both terms.
4. Read the descriptions and analysis of different applications
until you want.
5. Download the app for the iPod. Touch the price or the
"Free" to start the download. You can have your Apple ID password.
6. Tap the application icon on your home screen when
download is complete.
7. Open the Settings menu on the home screen and tap
"Messages". Make sure the message is set to "On." This
tells you when a message arrives
8. Configure the application in accordance with the
instructions of the provider, sending texts from your iPod Touch.
Posted by Rakesh... on
240 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!