Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
The iPod Touch can play music and videos, and with services
like Google Voice, real phone and Skype, it can receive calls on your personal
phone number. Truphone allows a series of links, like Google Voice number or a
number of Tru obtained from the provider. Google Voice offers free phone and
free calls from your device. Skype offers the ability to create an account and
get an online number from Skype to make and receive phone calls.
1. Navigate to the "Google Voice" web page in
Safari on your iPod.
2. Sign in with your Google Account or play "Create
Account" and fill in your details and press "Accept. Create my
account." You will receive an e-mail to the e-mail alternative for
verification. Open the email and click the confirmation link to activate your
3. Touch "More" page of your destination account,
followed by "More" and "Voice".
4. Touch "I want a new number" and enter your area
code and / or phrase you want the word to your phone and tap "Search
songs." The list of potential songs appears. In June 2011 a telephone
number of Google Voice is free and so are conversations.
5. Touch the desired number and press "Continue".
Enter a four-digit PIN to access voice mail. Provide an alternate number for
verification and click "Continue". A PIN number will appear on the
next page and your alternate phone starts ringing. Answer the call and enter
the PIN number when prompted to activate your Google Voice number.
6. Open the App Store on iPod and type "Google
Voice" in the search field. Press "Voice Search" and then
"Install" to add the application to your device.
7. Open the "Google Voice" app and log in with
your Google account. Google their number is added automatically and you will be
able to make and receive phone calls.
1. Open the App Store on iPod Touch and type
"Truphone" in the search field.
2. Touch "Truphone for iPod" and then
"Install" to download applications for the device.
3. Truphone tap the icon to open the program and press the
"No Truphone Account" to create a new account.
4. Enter the account information you want and click
5. Open Safari on your iPod and go to 'Truphone' website and
click on "My Account".
6. Touch "shop" on your landing page and click on
account of the length of time you would like to keep your number of Tru and
1. Open Safari on your iPod and browse to the website of
2. Press "Features" and "Numbers Online"
and "Get a line number." Log into your Skype account and hit the
"Create Account" tab and enter your personal information to start
using the service.
3. Tap the time you would like to keep your number and click
"Buy an online number."
4. Select your online number from the list of numbers that
appears. Enter the payment details on the next screen and click
"Buy". Your payment is authorized and their number will be activated
once the payment is approved.
5. Open the App Store on iPod and type "Skype" in
the search field. Touch "Skype" and then "Install" to add
the application to your device.
6. Open Skype and log into your account to access the
'Credits' Ringtone to buy Skype credits, so you can call. Skype
to Skype are free, but calls to mobile or fixed phones require Skype credits.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Dec 16, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Feb 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
247 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!