20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Maxtor one touch 4 mini 250 GB
try plugging it in and then clicking on it in the computer section
right click on the properties tab and then click on compatibility
click in the tick box and highlight win xp
apply and ok
do not throw ii in the the bin as it can be used as a hard drive in any computer or being mini , in any laptop unit
on Mar 22, 2017
THE COMOUTER READS NO OPERATING SYSTEM I INSTALL IT WITH NO OS
THE COMPUTER READS THE DRIVE BUT I CAN NOT INSTALL AN OPERATING SYSTEM
- You should have an operating system install disk (or USB drive.)
- Restart the computer and press whatever key gets you into Startup (typically F2 or Del.) You *may* have an option that says "Boot menu" that has another key (such as F12.) If you have that, use it.
- Find something in your BIOS that mentions "Boot order" or "Boot priority."
- If you have a CD, make your CD the first boot device. If you're booting from USB, make it your first device.
- Make sure your install media is in the computer, save and exit.
- The computer should now boot from the install drive and put the operating system on the hard drive.
on Mar 25, 2016
I want to add another hard drive and need to know
if you want to boot from this drive, please set the jumper to the master position.
if this drive is for additional storage, please set the jumper to slave. and make sure 1st hard drive is set to master.
if this is the only drive in the system, please set the jumper to single or remove the jumper.
there will be a chart telling you which pins are for which setting in the jumper area, which is between the data plug and the power plug on the back of your HDD.
main thing that will cause drives to not work is 2 jumpers on the same cable and they both are set to the same thng.. i.e. master/master or slave/slave. also, if one is set to single drive it will likely bypass the slave drive.
on May 14, 2015
Hp hard drives
You can put the defective HDD in a computer thats running correctly and use the existing OS to gain access to it. That way you can extract all the info from it. Do not remove the main HDD, simply shut down the PC, open it, add the Hard Disk Drive to the MOBO and restart. you may get an option to decide which HDD you want to boot from, make sure you boot from the good one.
Make a file and extract all info.
If the new computer does not recognize the drive, there are steps you can take to find it.
I've done this hundreds of times and have had around 87% success.
Unfortunately, some HDD's are destroyed and no data can be extracted.
on Dec 07, 2014
3.5drives require 12vdc at no less than 2 amp recomended 12vdc 3amp it is always best to provide more amp for hard drive keep the voltage correct 12vdc
asme adaptors work out to 4 gig drives all my Western digital drive have same power adaptor no matter the Gig size .
on Nov 26, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?