20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
What i need to do if somebody get into my email account?
it is a simple operation for hackers if your password is simple
you may have to alter the password and make it difficult and at least 6 characters long using a combination of numbers , upper and lower case
write down what your new pass word and keep it safe because if you forget it , the problem gets worse
go into your account and ask to reset your pass word
on Sep 21, 2016
How can I have my password reset when it sends me the link to an old phone number?
- Go to the Password Helper (link at bottom).
- Enter your email address or click I don't know my Yahoo email address. If you have a mobile number, listed on your account, that option will show.
- Click No, I can't receive text. - You'll see your alternate email address. If you have access to that email, click Yes, email me. - A "Recover access to your Yahoo account" email will be sent to your alternate email address.
- Enter the verification code we sent you, then click Submit.
- Click Continue or you can click Create new password and update it on the spot.
If you don't have secret questions
on file, that reset option won't be available in Password Helper.
- Go to the Password Helper - Enter your Yahoo ID, then click Submit.
- Select Use my secret questions, then click Next.
- Enter the answer to your secret questions, then click Next.
- Enter your new password, then click Next.
on Sep 07, 2016
I forgot my secret answer to open my yahoo id
Wait 24 hrs and try to log in again...And this time try to enter the correct secret answer - unless someone have access to your yahoo id and have change your secret answer. Below is from Yahoo support:>
Yahoo! uses temporary, automatic account locking as a security measure to protect accounts from unauthorized access. Sometimes you can also become temporarily locked out of your own account as a result.
Reasons you might see an account locked message:
- Three or more failed sign in attempts: This triggers our security system to temporarily lock the account for 24 hours.
- They're automatic security measures: In case an unauthorized person tried to access the account, we lock it for your protection.
- Someone with a similar Yahoo! ID accidentally typed your ID on log in: If you haven't recently tried to sign in to your account, then it could be someone else's harmless mistake. Their Yahoo! ID may be similar to yours and they may have mistakenly typed in your Yahoo! ID instead of their own.
How our account lock works:
- It lasts 24 hours, starting on the third unsuccessful log in attempt.
- It doesn't reset. Attempting to login again within the 24 period will not help.
- Try again after 24 hours. Once the lockout time has expired, your password should work as usual.
on Sep 06, 2016
Cannot open Yahoo Mail, get error message "cascade
I would try the basics first, if the retry doesn't work and switch to classic doesn't work.
You can go to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ and download FireFox. This will work, that is what I'm using now.
Or I just found out the the Beta version of Internet Explorer 9 is
working ok with yahoo. You can get that at
Periodically, yahoo or microsoft will send out an update that will not work. it will be fixed, it is just a matter of time.
on Aug 26, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?