20 Most Recent Denon PMA-100M Amplifier Questions & Answers

Order the service manual directly from Denon.

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on May 13, 2019

You just need to replace your volume knob for a better one , a couple of bucks 10 dollar

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Aug 21, 2014

Check the speaker connected to the dead channel first. If it is found OK, check and replace damaged component/s at its main power amp section circuit. Contact any service technician. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Viewing it in "Mosaic" or "Magazine" will make surf easy. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience. Do a search by type in the brand name of your device at its search box and press "Enter".

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Jul 12, 2014

1) tune in to a radiostation
2) press the Memory button
3) select a preset number for 5 Second
4 Skip "press Memory again"

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Jan 24, 2011

The good news is that it's in one channel, which means you have the right channel parts to compare it with. Now the bad news whatever causing it and it's likely to be a semi-conductor (transistor or IC) has to be replaced. However finding it is easier than you might think. For a start it's going to be hot to touch. And you can get get it to stop being hot, while the amps on, so correcting the fault, for a while. You do this by spraying it with Servisol Super Freezer spray. You have to have the amp running for this. Find the left channel amp and wait while it goes bad. Then spray (one at a time) any part you suspect. If the sound returns to normal, you have found the faulty part! To prove it spray the same in the right channel. That shouldn't change.
You can get the freezer spray from your local electric parts shop (such as Maplin UK).

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Jan 14, 2011

It won't hurt to replace the Capacitors. The ones in question will be the big ones in the power supply. They will be at least 2,000UF and more likely higher. Replacing should be simple. All you need do is unsolder them and fit new ones. Sometimes they glue them in, so if you have got rid of the solder and they wont budge, that's why! Replace them with what it says on them if you can. But you can go higher. For example if it says 2,200UF 50v you can replace it with anything above that, but nothing lower. The only other problem with none direct replacement is size. So make certain it will fit in the space. Oh make certain too you get the + (on Cap) to the + on the board (though most are marked with the - symbol, so put the - to the -). Also look out for the temperture rating of them, marked (say) 85C. Again you can fit one higher, but fitting one lower will cause it to fail quicker though it will work.
If they don't solve the problem you could be looking at something on the main amp board causing it. Remember because the hum is in both channels it has to be something common to both.

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Oct 14, 2010

See the link below for an explanation and post any additional questions here.


Link: http://www.fixya.com/support/r5390728-protector_means

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Aug 31, 2010


The amp will need service
Depending on where you are I can suggest someone to fix it

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Apr 17, 2010

If the TV has audio out jacks then you can connect them via a lead to the amp. If not the you can use a scart socket. You can get a scart plug with audio and video RCA jacks on the other end of it and connect that to the amp. If the TV has only one scart and you are using it for a video or DVD device, get a scart adapter with more than one socket.

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Jul 05, 2009

Blingking Light or Protect usually means that there is DC appearing in output stage and is protecting Connected Speakers.
It can be faulty Output Stage (Bad ICs/Transistors/Resistors/Capacitors) or Faulty Power Supply.

Working on These types of Problem is not user friendly at all.

Advising to take local Authorized Shop.

Denon PMA-100M... | Answered on Feb 08, 2009

Try unplugging it. Another thing is some units have a fuse in the back. Check the fuse with a multimeter for continuity. If meter shows OL then replace the fuse.

Denon Audio... | Answered Yesterday

(1)Download AVR3310 service manual.
(2)enter debug mode to see what kind of protect it belongs to.
(3)DC or ASO protect
(4)DC protect to check all smd transistors if leakage occurs or
differential and voltage amp transistors leakage
(5)ASO see service nanual troubleshooting steps.
(6)Replace all defective components.

Denon Audio... | Answered on Jun 24, 2019

You can buy any Denon av-amp remote to control your av-amp.

Denon Audio... | Answered on Jun 21, 2019

Not finding what you are looking for?
Denon PMA-100M Amplifier Logo

14 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Popular Products

Top Denon Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5686 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76099 Answers

Morne Olivier

Level 2 Expert

257 Answers

Are you a Denon Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

Denon Audio Players & Recorders

  • Denon Audio Players & Recorders

Most Popular Question

service manual manuals

  • Audio Players & Recorders