20 Most Recent
- Page 6 Questions & Answers
Forgot passwords on laptop
Hey, Judy. I'll be telling you how to reset your password on your operating system. I'd like to add that I haven't used Windows Vista in a very long time so excuse any minor mistakes I make. :)
So before you get started, it might be helpful to write down the steps of this guide as you won't be able to keep your computer on to do this.
If this is a computer that your work/school was provided, bring it to the technical department there, as they may have precautions that don't allow for this.
- Shut down your computer completely.
- Press your power button on your computer and start repeatedly pressing the "F8" key on your keyboard until a menu pops up. Make sure you start as soon as you press the power button. It might be a bit hard at first and it is perfectly fine if you have to turn off your computer and start again.
- Once you are on the black menu, use your arrow keys to select "Boot in Safe Mode"
- Once the computer boots into safe mode, click "Administrator".
- Once logged in, click the Windows Logo.
- Type "Control Panel' and press enter.
- Click "User Accounts and Family Safety", what it is called may vary slightly just use logic to discern what it is.
- Click "User Accounts"
- Find your account and click on it.
- Click "Change Password" and fill in the forum and click "Apply Changes" or something to that effect
- Reboot your computer and startup normally, you should be able to log in with your new password.
If you need further help feel free to comment on this answer and I'll try to get back to you. ;)
on Aug 25, 2014
How do i unlock password protected computer
If you have a repair disk, of course you can try it to crack Windows password. But if you don't have maybe you can consider using Ophcrack. Most time it is helpful but cannot guarantee 100% successful reset. Above all, the last one should be the best method for your Windows password reset. Another safe and effective software you can try, Anmosoft Windows Password Reset
. Windows Password Reset Software
on Aug 18, 2014
This all-in-one password recovery software
will surely help you out. It is capable of resetting forgotten or lost Windows Administrator login password, and recovering lost password for multiple web browsers, mail clients, FTP clients, chat messengers etc. Windows Vista, XP or 7 etc operations systems are all compatible. Good LUCK!
on Aug 13, 2014
Scrabble wont show my apponents
Check the settings for the game. Be sure it's set for 2 players (2 humans or 1 computer against 1 human. Then reboot. If that fails uninstalll an then reinstall Scrabble. Finally if nothing helps try to contact the manufacturer via email or phone tech support through their website.
on Aug 10, 2014
Cant use my password
if you're using windows vista you can try these:
if you're using windows xp you can try these:
have a great day :)
on Aug 08, 2014
I am the only administrator password holder on my computer.
Here is how you can unlock your profile account :
1. Enter a computer that can link to Internet. Download Windows Login Recovery and install the software on that computer.
2. Run the software and create windows password reset disk by follow the instructions.
3. Eject the created CD/DVD and insert it into the locked computer.
4. Reboot the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your locked computer's BIOS setting to make it boot from CD drive) and then follow the instructions to reset your password.
5. Now login Windows and set a new password.
on Aug 06, 2014
How to change password
Goto user accounts and create a new user with your friends user name and password and grant the friends account to be as Administrator (this is important!!!) , then you logging out from your account and logging in at your friends account. If everthing works as it should be, you can go into accounts and erase your old account. (MAKE sure you have backed up ALL your vital data such as Photos, Music, Videos and Documents)
on Jul 28, 2014
How can I speed up my computer?
How long ago was Windows installed? Over time, the system will get slower. This is not unusual. It may be time to backup all your data and re-install Windows as a fresh build. This will improve things significantly. Depending on what hardware specs you are running, this could be impacting performance as well. Vista was always heavy on resources.
on Jul 17, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?